Pages

Friday, November 2, 2018

Te Kauru Camp 2018 - (Writing 2nd Draft)

Animal hospital


Wow! Baby animal skeletons have the most microscopic bones I have ever layed eyes on. While I was waiting for our classroom instructor I stared at a fossil of a baby kangaroo. Every little bone on the miniture rib cage was still atached. Being inside the hospital made me feel like a Zoologist despite I knew nothing about animals. There were so many interesting things like guessing the speed of animal heartbeats and reading facts about types of species. After a while the instructor told us to sit on the woven mat. We sat on the very uncomfortable mat and waited for her to start the lesson. She taught us what crusty bum was and how it affected kakapo’s. Then she started to throw kakapo plushes to my classmates. Also she handed out sheets of plastic covered paper that explaned the process of the disease. I’t was soo disgusting that I felt my eyeballs try to turn to the back of my head.
listening to our instructor who is talking about crusty
                                                                  bum.

           
Looking inside what I think is the surgery room
The kiwi model inside the animal hospital.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Bailey, the disease affecting the kakapo is really quite disgusting however it is great that we had the opportunity to find out more about why the kakapo is endangered. I really hope that we are able to help native species survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Bailey, I thought the crusty bum was disgusting, but It was nice to learn. What did the heartbeats sound like though? Haha, My eyes were scared about the crust bum, I didnt expect it to be like that. Lol, Nice work Bailey. Hope to see more! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi jordan thanks for the comment. I think every one was scared of the crusty bum. what was your experience at the animal hospital?

      Delete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.